Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Have the desktop gadgets in your Windows 7 Beta disappeared?

If your desktop gadgets in your Windows 7 Beta have disappeared, then you will have to turn your User Account Control (UAC) back on if you have turned it off because when you turn the User Account Control (UAC) in your Windows 7 Beta off, the desktop gadgets in your Windows 7 Beta will disappear.

There is also an alternative method to making the desktop gadgets in your Windows 7 Beta appear again. This alternative method is to do some tweaking in the registry of your Windows 7 Beta. The steps for tweaking the registry of your Windows 7 Beta to make the desktop gadgets appear in your Windows 7 Beta can be found here.

Note: If you are not a technical person or an advanced computer user, please don’t touch the registry of your Windows 7 Beta, so if you are not a technical person or an advanced computer user don’t try the alternative method that I have posted above, just use the solution of turning the User Account Control (UAC) on. Thanks :) .

6 comments:

Omid Farhang said...

good job, Shirley! :D

Shirley said...

Thank you very much, Omid, for the nice compliment :) . I really appreciate it :) .

Joel said...

My gadgets disappeared before and I reinstalled the OS a few times trying to fix it, then I found a guide just like this one somewhere else. I think this will help people :)

Shirley said...

Oh, okay, Joel :) . Thanks for visiting my blog. I really appreciate it :) .

dushyant said...

Nice One ,

Shirley said...

Thanks, Dushyant :) . I really appreciate it :) .

Post a Comment